- 44% of small businesses expect to hire fewer people due to AI: Report
- EMBIBE Launches AI-powered Lab Experiments App: A Game-Changer for Students and Schools Across India
- WTC Shamshabad, IFCCI plan meet on French mkt
- Comic Con India and Warner Bros. India host an exclusive fan-first premiere of DC’s ‘The Flash’
- Online Scam: Delhi Police arrest two Cyber Crooks
- IITR develops haemoglobin self test kit that gives result in 30 seconds
- Vijayawada: Issue of student bus passes commences
- WTC Final: India let themselves down in the first hour of Day 1, says Ricky Ponting
- Supreme Court adjourns hearing on YS Sunitha's plea against YS Avinash bail
- BSF Confiscates 5 Kg Of Drugs Dropped By A Drone In Amritsar Sector
Virat Kohli named Uber India's first brand ambassador
Popular ridesharing app Uber on Friday announced the appointment of Indian skipper Virat Kohli as its first brand ambassador in India, thus embarking on a first-of-its-kind initiative across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
New Delhi : Popular ridesharing app Uber on Friday announced the appointment of Indian skipper Virat Kohli as its first brand ambassador in India, thus embarking on a first-of-its-kind initiative across the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
Sharing a common vision of empowering people and communities, this partnership will see Uber and Virat Kohli joining hands to underscore the company's commitment to serve billions in the country, in the years to come.
"We are extremely delighted to sign on Virat Kohli to bat as brand ambassador for Uber India. His commitment to India on and off the field is commendable - from bagging world titles for the country to advocating positive change, he is invested in making a difference to the community at large.
In Virat, we've found a partner who reflects the drive we share with everyday India, while embodying our commitment to serving the country. We will continue to invest and innovate in ways that will benefit our driver partners and riders," said Uber India & SA President, Amit Jain.
"As a cricketer, I travel a lot and I have personally enjoyed the seamless experience of booking an Uber.
It's great to see how the company is using technology to revolutionise the way people move around cities and is empowering millions by creating economic opportunities.
I am very excited to join hands with a company that is so committed to people and cities they operate in," added Kohli.
Besides being the face of the brand, Virat will be actively involved in a series of marketing and customer experience initiatives to be rolled out by Uber India.
As India is a key market for Uber, the company aims to continue investing in its product, people and processes.
In 2018, Uber will continue to focus on technology innovations that will make hailing a ride a seamless experience.