- Football coach gets 20 years RI for raping girl of his own team
- Yediyurappa attacks Congress govt on Cauvery issue, says its understanding with ally DMK led to 'today's situation'
- Bengal school job case: ED submits name of Tollywood actor as beneficiary at Calcutta HC
- Naveen expels MLAs Soumya, Sudhansu from BJD
- Kejriwal bungalow renovation row: HC allows PWD officials to raise grievance with CAT
- HC asks BBMP to clear beggary cess dues in four months
- DGCA suspends Air India's Flight Safety Chief Rajeev Gupta for one month for certain lapses
- Karnataka CM, Dy CM meet Jal Shakti Minister, inform inability to release Cauvery water to TN
- After this World Cup, we will be talking about Shubman Gill more often, says Raina
- Allahabad High Court orders removal of encroachments from heritage sites
The most pirated movie of the year goes to Interstellar
Filmmaker Christopher Nolan\'s sci-fi drama Interstellar has taken the top spot as the most pirated movie of 2015.
Los Angeles: Filmmaker Christopher Nolan's sci-fi drama "Interstellar" has taken the top spot as the most pirated movie of 2015.
The film, which was released in 2014, was downloaded 46.8 million times, according to piracy tracking firm Excipio, reports variety.com.
Other movies prominent on the list are several big money makers like "Furious 7" (44.8 million), "Avengers: Age of Ultron" (41.6 million) and "Jurassic World" (36.9 million).
However, this year's record-breaking movie "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" doesn't make it into the list, probably because the movie didn't start showing up on piracy sites until several days after its release. There's still a chance that it will top the same list in 2016.
In 2014, just like "Interstellar" did, the 2013 release "The Wolf of Wall Street" led the pack to become the most pirated movie. The Leonardo DiCaprio-starrer was downloaded 30 million times last year, significantly less than the space movie's nearly 47 million downloads.