- JPMorgan analyst sees oil price surge as high as $150
- Radha Ashtami 2023 Date, Timings and Rituals performed on this auspicious day
- Sintex to set up new unit in Telangana
- Delhi downpour causes school wall collapse, damages 11 vehicles
- Tata Motors inaugurates state-of-the-art registered vehicle scrapping facility in Surat
- Bhagwant Mann, Arvind Kejriwal reach Udaipur for Ragneeti wedding
- JSW Academic Building inaugurated at Krea University to foster excellence in education
- Amazon Launches Multi Channel Fulfilment for Sellers, Retailors, Brands and Manufacturers in India
- Akhil Akkineni’s Action-Packed Espionage Thriller ‘Agent’ To Premiere Exclusively On Sony LIV!
- TN CM issues orders allowing LT consumers to modify power load based on consumption pattern
Golden Kela Awards Indian version of Razzies for Dilwale or PRDP?
Salman Khan\'s double avatar in “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” and Shah Rukh Khan\'s “Dilwale” might have created ripples at the Indian box office, but both the movies are now competing to grab the Worst Film trophy at the 8th Annual Golden Kela Awards.
New Delhi: Salman Khan's double avatar in “Prem Ratan Dhan Payo” and Shah Rukh Khan's “Dilwale” might have created ripples at the Indian box office, but both the movies are now competing to grab the Worst Film trophy at the 8th Annual Golden Kela Awards.
Other films contending for the trophy are “Bombay Velvet”, “Shaandaar” and “Singh is Bliing”.
“Dilwale”, which marked the return of Bollywood's most loved onscreen couple -- SRK and Kajol -- after five years, as well as the reunion of Salman with "Maine Pyar Kiya" director Sooraj Barjatya after 16 years, registered good business. Both the films crossed the Rs.100 crore mark.
“Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo”, “Tevar” and “Singh Is Bliing” have bagged the maximum nominations this year. The voting is open at www.goldenkela.com till March 30, and the ceremony will take place at India Habitat Centre here next month, read a statement.
And this is not the only highlight of this year's nominations. Bollywood's brother-sister duo Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor have been nominated as worst actor nominees for the third consecutive time.
Arjun has been nominated for his act in “Tevar”, and is in the race for the trophy along with Arjun Rampal (“Roy”), Sooraj Pancholi (“Hero”), Imran Khan (“Katti Batti”) and all the male star cast of “Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2”.
Among the actresses in the same category, Arjun's “Tevar” heroine Sonakshi Sinha is pitted against Sonam Kapoor (“Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo”), Shraddha Kapoor (“ABCD 2”), Amy Jackson for (“Singh is Bliing”) and the whole female cast of “Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon” and “Calendar Girls”.
Salman has also been nominated for Baawra Ho Gaya Hai Ke Award.
The annual award ceremony acknowledges the worst that Bollywood had to offer in the year 2015. Arjun and Sonakshi were named as the Worst Actor (Male and Female) at the 7th Annual Golden Kela Awards.