Executive MBA ,A wise investment
Executive MBA (EMBA) is now in demand among employees. A survey conducted by FT has noted that two thirds of the alumni were funded by their employers...
What are the advantages of pursuing an Executive MBA course. Please mention the top BSchools around the globe that offers this course. - Hemanth Satwani
Executive MBA (EMBA) is now in demand among employees. A survey conducted by FT has noted that two thirds of the alumni were funded by their employers for EMBA. The survey also concluded that around 70% of the EMBA graduates got promoted within three years of their jobs, once they finished this course. EMBA is also a great investment.
- It gives you an edge over your peers and elevates your business acumen
- The study of diverse subjects helps you prepare for a global business environment
- New theories, tools, skills, concepts, strategies, tactics, etc that you learn during your course will help you put them into practice often right away
- You get to interact with high level motivated participants from diverse industries and hence get the opportunity to strengthen your network
- Your income input experiences a steep rise
- You develop the acumen to perform incredibly well and contribute significantly at work
- Diverse experiences and varied activities within the classroom will help you sharpen your leadership skills and thus enable you lead projects, organizations and people towards success.
- The EMBA helps you bring incisiveness and clarity in your leadership, which should make you a good team member and a valued colleague.
- Will help you adapt to situations effectively and groom you to be culturally sensitive
- To get information regarding the various B Schools that offer an EMBA program, refer to this link which is an EMBA search and compare tool: http://executivemba.org/default.aspx?arefid=qndzy5g786si
- The Kellogg-HKUST Executive MBA program, which is ranked number one in the world, six times in the past eight years(2007-2014). The average compensation annually offered is around US $257,758 and the average required work experience is 14 years. http://emba.ust.hk/
- Trium Program: The Trium global Executive MBA is jointly issued by New York University Stern School of Business, London School of Economics and Political Science and HEC Paris School of Management. The salary range is US $307,808 http://www.triumemba.org/
- Columbia Business School: In the EMBA-Global partner program, you get a chance to study with world renowned experts from London, Hong Kong, and New York. With most classes taking place in Hong Kong, students earn an MBA conferred jointly by the three schools, as well as full alumni privileges at each school. The salary range is: US $259,833. http://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/programs-admissions/executive-mba
- INSEAD: It offers an intensive 14-17 months fast track EMBA program which is across three integrated campuses; France, Singapore and Abu Dhabhi. The salary range is: US $219,444
- University of Chicago: Booth: Campus location is across, Chicago, Hong Kong and London. It claims to maintain a Pure Chicago approach education which gives the students direct access to teaching by Chicago Booth faculty, who fly from Chicago to Hong Kong in person as they do in London and Chicago. The salary range is US $ 219,736.
- Duke University Fuqua: You can earn your MBA from anywhere in the world as the program is delivered for 15 months curriculum divided into 5 mandatory terms: 2 terms include a residency on Duke's main campus in Durham, NC, USA and 3 terms include a residency in 7 select regions around the world, and each of these residencies are divided between 2 cities, which includes, New Delhi. The salary range: US $254,564. http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/programs/duke_mba/global-executive/
- University of Pennsylvania: Wharton: The Wharton EMBA program is delivered to working professionals in Philedelphia and San Fransisco. Salary range: US $220,704. http://executivemba.wharton.upenn.edu/
- IE Business School: IE Business School Executive MBA ranked No. 2 worldwide by The Economist. The school has its main campus in Madrid and its part time EMBA is a 15 month program wherein classes combine online and face-to-face periods, connecting professionals who strive for top quality education. The salary range is: US $117,026. http://www.ie.edu/business-school/degrees/mbas-and-executive-mbas
- UCLA / NUS (National University of Singapore): is ranked 4th globally in 2014 with a 3rd position in 'Aims Achieved' and 4th position in 'International Course Experience'. The salary range is: US $232,928. http://ucla.nus.edu/home
In India the top EMBA colleges are:
- ISB: is a 15 Months, Part Time, PG course and requires a minimum of 10 years of full-time work experience.
- IIM- Ahmedabad Salary range: 27L
- IIM Kolkata Salary range: 20.4L
- IIM Banglore Salary range:22.6L
- IIM Lucknow
- Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI): Salary Range: 15L
- IIM Indore Salary Range: 18L
- S P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Salary Range: 13.5L
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune Salary Range: 10.5L
- SVKMs NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies), Mumbai
If you plan to pursue an EMBA program in India, then consider an EMBA program with a strong global focus since the number of international companies working in India is increasing significantly. This will help you expand your network and enable an interaction with people around the world.
If you can, do not hesitate to make an investment in an EMBA degree as it enables you thrust your career forward, open up to newer opportunities and develop professionally as leaders.