- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
- HC seeks Centre, Delhi govt's stand on PIL against gender-specific eligibility for B.Sc (Hons) nursing course
- BRICS CCI WE announces Global Women Leadership Programme to empower women professionals and entrepreneurs
- Combined power of cricket and golf: Kapil Dev-Grant Thornton Invitational 2023 hits the fairways
- Karnataka’s Manish earns first ATP points at ITF Kalaburagi Open
- As Centre's envoy visits, Tripura party firm on demand of ‘Greater Tipraland' state for tribals
- Don't keep so much hopes that people end up with broken hearts: Kapil on India's WC campaign
Akhilesh calls for Yadav unity
Stresses importance of education for youth Claims marked improvement in law and order situation in his State Mulayam, Lalu Prasad role models:...
- Stresses importance of education for youth
- Claims marked improvement in law and order situation in his State
- Mulayam, Lalu Prasad role models: Anjan Kumar Yadav
Hyderabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday gave a clarion call for Yadav unity at the Akhila Bharata Yadav Mahasabha here. Political bigwigs cutting across party lines also turned up at the biggest ever meeting of the community. Stressing the need for sustained efforts for achieving development of the community in all spheres, Akhilesh said education and jobs for the youth were key to the socio- economic uplift of the community.
He pointed out that the Yadav community has been playing an important role in national politics and Yadav leaders have already made their presence in different political parties at national and regional levels. Listing major challenges facing the community, Akhilesh said quality education and jobs are important for the students of their community. Claiming that the Samajwadi Party (SP) had won the UP election with thumping majority with the support of all sections of people who recognized the SP was the only alternative to deliver good governance, Akhilesh said after he assumed charge, there was a marked improvement in law and order situation in his State.
Education and health sectors were given top priority in the State budget allocations, he said and added that his government had effected administrative reforms to reach the benefits of all welfare schemes to the needy in a transparent way. Distribution of laptops to students has brought revolutionary changes in the education sector with the increasing enrollment of students in schools and colleges. AP State Legislative Council Chairman A Chakrapani said in his address at the Mahasabha, backward communities should be given political opportunities which help them develop socially and politically.
State Revenue Minister N Raghuveera Reddy called on the Yadav community to unite and strengthen their political presence in the next election in the State and in the country. Congress MP Anjan Kumar Yadav said senior leaders Mulayam Singh Yadav and Lalu Prasad Yadav are the inspiration and role models for the community. He enthralled the audience by rendering 'Urdu shairis' on Akhilesh at the meeting. Yadav Mahasabha President Uday Pratap Singh, General Secretary Satyaprakash Singh and state president Babu Rao Yadav and others were also present. Earlier in the day, Akhilesh called on the Union Minister of State for Tourism, Chinranjeevi. Accompanied by a host of leaders from the Yadav community, he also visited Minister for Revenue, Raghuveera Reddy and had breakfast at his residence.
Akhilesh convoy comes under attack
Hyderabad: One of the vehicles in the convoy of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav came under the attack of some unidentified persons in front of Park Hyatt on Sunday. They hurled stones smashing the window panes of the vehicle. The West Zone police, suspecting the involvement of the followers of Anil Kumar Yadav, son of Secunderabad MP Anjan Kumar Yadav, registered a case.
The security personnel did not allow the vehicles of local leaders to join Akhilesh's convoy. Some elected representatives tried to board the vehicle that carried Akhilesh, but they were not allowed. The attack was considered to be a fallout of this. According to West Zone DCP V Satyanarayana, some persons resorted to stone throwing targeting one of the vehicles of the convoy.