- Intermediate student suspicious death at Khammam
- Asian Games: Pan, Wang join the greats as China dominate the pool; bag 20 medals overall on Day 1
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx mission delivers 1st ever asteroid sample in US
- J&K tops in e-Governance Service Delivery
- 2 terror modules busted in J&K; 5 terrorists arrested
- CDS visits Karwar Naval Base, aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
- Congress accuses govt of mismanaging economy across all sectors
- Man attacked in Delhi over Rs 3K debt dispute
- Aviation services provider Celebi India may invest around USD 80 million in next four years
- Kullu Dussehra festival to see participation of 20 countries, will revive tourism: CM Sukhu
Ashwani Kumar's denies meeting PM
Law Minister Ashwani Kumar went to the Prime Minister's Office on Thursday, triggering speculation that he met Manmohan Singh but he denied it. This...
Law Minister Ashwani Kumar went to the Prime Minister's Office on Thursday, triggering speculation that he met Manmohan Singh but he denied it. This comes a day after the Supreme Court slammed the CBI for "changing the heart of the coal-scam report" and for allowing Ashwani to vet the CBI probe report on the scam. Meanwhile Attorney General G E Vahanvati met the Prime Minister and briefed him on Wednesday's proceedings of the Supreme Court in the coal issue. Mr Kumar was inside South Block, the office of the Prime Minister, for about 30 minutes. This led to speculation that he had met Dr Singh to discuss the critical observations made by the Supreme Court over the vetting of CBI report on coal block allocation. However, when confronted later, Mr Kumar said, "I did not meet the Prime Minister today." It was later known that the Prime Minister was then at Rashtrapati Bhawan for a meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee. Sources said Mr Kumar met officials in the PMO to discuss the situation arising out of the Supreme Court's observations.