Ashwani Kumar's denies meeting PM
Law Minister Ashwani Kumar went to the Prime Minister's Office on Thursday, triggering speculation that he...
Law Minister Ashwani Kumar went to the Prime Minister's Office on Thursday, triggering speculation that he met Manmohan Singh but he denied it. This comes a day after the Supreme Court slammed the CBI for "changing the heart of the coal-scam report" and for allowing Ashwani to vet the CBI probe report on the scam. Meanwhile Attorney General G E Vahanvati met the Prime Minister and briefed him on Wednesday's proceedings of the Supreme Court in the coal issue. Mr Kumar was inside South Block, the office of the Prime Minister, for about 30 minutes. This led to speculation that he had met Dr Singh to discuss the critical observations made by the Supreme Court over the vetting of CBI report on coal block allocation. However, when confronted later, Mr Kumar said, "I did not meet the Prime Minister today." It was later known that the Prime Minister was then at Rashtrapati Bhawan for a meeting with President Pranab Mukherjee. Sources said Mr Kumar met officials in the PMO to discuss the situation arising out of the Supreme Court's observations.
- Naxal killed in encounter in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh
- Amethi ex-pradhan murder: CM sets 12-hour deadline for arrest of culprits
- CBI issues lookout notice against ex-Kolkata Police chief
- Smriti Irani carries mortal remains of campaign aide shot in Amethi
- PM Modi to visit Varanasi tomorrow, hold roadshow