- Govt has failed to protect Law & Order: Basavaraj Bommai
- Honorable Deve Gowda, if your son repeatedly announces party dissolution and political retirement, where should the activists go?: DCM DK Shivakumar question
- AI can help in improving success rate of IVF treatment, say doctors
- Gandhi Jayanti 2023: Songs, Movies, and Actors That Remind Us of Mahatma Gandhi!
- Eradicate sense of animosity, says Haryana Guv on Gandhi Jayanti
- Infant formula, fizzy drinks in babies may raise early obesity risk
- Sampu becomes kingmaker in ‘Martin Luther King’ teaser
- Government approves extension in central deputation tenure of UIDAI CEO Amit Agrawal
- Sectors with the highest 1-year dividend yield
- Philippine President, VP's approval & trust ratings dip
Coal Scam: FIR against Dasari Narayan Rao , Naveen Jindal
CBI books Congress MP, ex MoS coal in fresh FIR in coal scam Congress MP Naveen Jindal and former Minister of State for Coal Dasari Narayan Rao have...
CBI books Congress MP, ex MoS coal in fresh FIR in coal scam
Congress MP Naveen Jindal and former Minister of State for Coal Dasari Narayan Rao have been named as accused in the fresh FIR filed by CBI in connection with the coal allocation scam. The agency has also booked Jindal Steel and Power and four other companies in the scam.
CBI sources said after registering the fresh cases, teams carried out searches today at 15 locations including the residence of Congress MP from Kurukshetra Jindal and Rao at New Delhi and Hyderabad respectively. They said other companies including Gagan Sponge, Jindal Realty and New Delhi Exim besides Rao's company Saubhagya Media have been booked for alleged cheating and misrepresentation of facts in bagging Amarkonda Murgadangal block in Birbhum district of Jharkhand in 2008.
Reacting to the development, Head of External Affairs, Jindal Steel and Power Limited, Manu Kapoor said, "JSPL, as a law abiding company, is governed by a strong ethical code of conduct. This is an ongoing CBI investigation into coal block allocation. At this stage of investigation, JSPL is committed to fully cooperate with CBI."
This is the 12th FIR registered by the agency in connection with its probe in coal allocation scam. The sources said Rao has already been questioned by the agency.