How to beat bad breath
Clean mouth is the one-stop solution for halitosis, say dentists Are you uncomfortable with bad breath? And...
Clean mouth is the one-stop solution for halitosis, say dentists
Are you uncomfortable with bad breath? And feeling shy and awkward to move in social gatherings or parties freely? Bad breath creates a lot of inconvenience to anyone in fact. A In medical terms this is called as halitosis. Because of this problem, many people cannot talk freely and move confidently with anyone. They suffer from inferiority complex.
- Ulcers in stomach
- Lung infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Diabetics who suffer from dryness of mouth.
- People who have habit of mouth- breathing , they too have bad-breath problem
- People who take excess medications
- Alcoholics and serious smokers
- Dental cavities
- Eating sulphur related food items
- Gingivitis, Periodontitis
- Oral cancer in some
- Improper maintenance of artificial dental dentures
- Irregular teeth
Treatment modalities: l Consult dentists if bad breath is related to dental problem. l If it is related to nose, have to consult ENT surgeon l If it is related to lungs, better to contact pulmonologist l If it is related to gastroenterology problem, contact gastro-enterologist.
To prevent bad breath:
- Brush teeth twice a day and clean the tongue
- Rinse mouth fully
- Correction of irregular teeth
- Keep away from smoking, alcohol, pan- chewing and gutka
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat fibre-rich vegetables
- Consult the dentist for every six months without fail