Coconut regulates blood sugar
Coconut Regulates Blood Sugar. Coconut is high in dietary fiber. It is tough competition to rice bran and wheat bran in this regard. It has a whopping 60% of dietary fiber.
Come summer there is a raw coconut cart at every street corner. However, you may want to note that coconut and its water can do much more than cool your system.
Health benefits of the nut:
1) Coconut is high in dietary fiber. It is tough competition to rice bran and wheat bran in this regard. It has a whopping 60% of dietary fiber.
2) Glycemic Index (GI) measures how fast available carbohydrates in food raise blood sugar levels. Coconut has a low GI. The fiber in the nut slows down the release of glucose. So, less insulin is required to process glucose and transport it into the cell where it is converted into energy.
This aspect of it helps regulate blood sugar and reduces workload on Pancreas. As coconut reduces the speed at which blood glucose is utilized, it also controls sugar cravings. Do make sure the tender coconut is not too sweet.
3) It improves digestion. The fiber takes care of bowel disorders as it supports absorption of several nutrients such as amino acids, vitamins, minerals.
4) Finally, there is even better news. The body uses the nut to produce energy, not to store it as fat.
5) It also promotes healthy thyroid function and therefore curtails fatigue.
What are you waiting for? Having read these pointers, you can well plan a Hawaiian themed coconut party!