Foods That Fight Cancer
Foods That Fight Cancer, Cancer is one of the most life threating conditions. Triggered both by lifestyle and genetics, cancer is yet to be tackled by the medical world with a viable cure
Cancer is one of the most life threating conditions. Triggered both by lifestyle and genetics, cancer is yet to be tackled by the medical world with a viable cure. However, prevention is always better than cure. Foods that cure cancer have to be incuded as part of everyday diet. The foods which contain good amounts of phytonutrients and antioxidants effectively help combating the threat of cancer ahead.
Some of the superfoods that help fight cancer are
1. Carrots – Rich in Beta Carotene, carrots help neutralise the free radicals that cause cancerous cells.
2. Broccoli – Broccoli and cabbage contain a chemical substance called indole – 3- carbinol, which helps avoid the breast cancer.
3. Grapes – The black and red variants in grapes consist of bioflavonoids that are effective cancer fighters
4. Oranges, Lemons – These contain limonene, a powerful antioxidant
5. Tomatoes – they contain lycopene, another great antioxidant which is a cancer warrior.
6. Garlic – The many benefits of garlic has been discussed earlier – cancer prevention is one of them. The colon cancer is negated with garlic consumption.
7. Red Wine – If you want to party, do so with a glass of red wine rather than cigarettes. Red wine contains resveratrol, a strong antioxidant that prepares the body against getting prone to cancer.
8. Soy products – the soy products are all essential for combating cancer as they contain phytoestrogens, which fight the disease.
9. Green Tea – Effective because it contains Polyphenols and antioxidants
10. Nuts – again, rich sources of anti-oxidants
11. Figs – they contain benzaldehyde, an active cancer preventer
12. Sprouts and Cauliflower – Sprouts and Cauliflower are extremely health for many reasons, including cancer. Just like cabbages and broccoli, they contain indole – 3 carbinol.
More and more research is now coming to light, with researchers trying to find the most natural ways to prevent the cancer from infesting the human race. It is very important to maintain an active, healthy lifestyle that includes consumption of rich foods that go a long way in protecting the body, thereby increasing the life expectancy.
People with genetic history of caner have to get themselves regularly checked in order to rule out the condition in the early stages itself.
Today's Top Picks
19 Jun 2019 7:17 PM GMT