Round the clock cardiac services

Round the clock cardiac services
Highlights

Aware Global Hospitals, LB Nagar, announced the launch of round-the-clock cardiac services. India is estimated to account for 60 per cent of heart disease patients worldwide. Heart diseases have emerged as the number one killer among Indians. What is more alarming is that many of the heart diseases occur late in the night or early in the morning.

Aware Global Hospitals, LB Nagar, announced the launch of round-the-clock cardiac services. India is estimated to account for 60 per cent of heart disease patients worldwide. Heart diseases have emerged as the number one killer among Indians. What is more alarming is that many of the heart diseases occur late in the night or early in the morning.

“The growing incidence of cardiac problems and high level of complexities has made it imperative for us to further raise the benchmarks of our clinical programmes significantly,” Dr Vijay Vemuri, chief operating officer, Aware Global Hospitals, said.

The panel from Aware Global Hospitals addressing the conference

“With the launch of round-the-clock emergency services instead of a cardiology being on call we will now offer cardiology services 24X7 with cardiologists present. The team will also have a powerful confluence of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons who will be supported by the most advanced technology and dedicated facilities, offering the most advanced treatments for simple to most complex cardiac problems,” Dr Pramod Kumar Rao, interventional cardiologist, Aware Global Hospitals, said.

“If a patient walks in with a cardiac problem, which requires a percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA), we can now do it within one hour as against the international benchmark of 90 minutes. Also 100 per cent occlusions can also be cleared at any point of time with 99.9 per cent success rate,” Dr Rao added.

According to Dr Rao, in the last couple of months out of a sample size of around 100 cardiac patients treated at the hospital 70 per cent were men and the remaining 30 per cent females. “Out of these 70 per cent men we treated around 50 per cent were senior citizens (above 65 years) and the rest were middle aged and youngsters. But the trend reversed in the case of women where only 30 per cent women were above the age of 65 years and a startling 70 per cent were either middle aged or young women,” he added.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
More Stories


Top