- Is India ready to adopt the EV ecosystem?
- World Environment Day: Fashionable Choices to #BeatPlasticPollution
- Cancer Survivor's Day: How Can I become a cancer survivor
- Pawan Kalyan's 'OG' begins third schedule today
- Cancer Survivor's Day: Celebrating the Strength and Resilience of Cancer Survivors By Dr P Vijay Anand Reddy
- CM Ashok Gehlot to Launch Gas Cylinder Subsidy Yojana on Monday.
- Anasuya liplock goes viral in social media
- Union Railway Minister ordered CBI probe into Odisha Triple Train Accident
- Two dead after a TATA ACE vehicle collided with a bus at Kondareddy circle in Pileru
- Hit Gujarati horror thriller ‘Vash’ set for Hindi remake with Ajay Devgn
Johnny Depp took up acting to pay his rent
\"Pirates of the Caribbean\" star Johnny Depp says that he became an actor by \"accident\".Depp gave his first public interview since his acrimonious divorce from estranged wife Amber Heard on a radio talk show on June 26, but made no mention of his legal battle or allegations made against him.
"Pirates of the Caribbean" star Johnny Depp says that he became an actor by "accident".Depp gave his first public interview since his acrimonious divorce from estranged wife Amber Heard on a radio talk show on June 26, but made no mention of his legal battle or allegations made against him.
The 53-year-old appeared on the Jonesy's Jukebox radio talk show alongside his band members from the Hollywood Vampires -- Matt Sorum, Robert DeLeo and Bruce Witkin.
During the interview, Depp revealed that he stumbled into acting while trying to pursue music as a teenager, reports people.com.
"I've (been a musician) since I was little. I have played since I was 12. I started playing clubs when I was like 13 in Miami," Depp said.
"I needed to pay rent. Somebody said, 'Why don't you go meet an agent. My agent is with Nick Cage,' so she sent me on an audition for something and I got it," he added.
Depp said it wasn't until his band broke up that he considered acting full-time.
"It seemed like a good way to pay the rent for a minute," he said.
Even as his divorce battle with Heard continues, Depp plans to take the stage with his band during their US tour, which commences from July 1 in Pennsylvania.
A Los Angeles court hearing has been scheduled for August 15 and 16 on Heard's request for a permanent restraining order against Depp amid allegations that he abused her throughout their relationship. A temporary restraining order has been reissued in the interim.