GHMC, University of Southern California sign MOU on academic collaboration
The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), government of Telangana and the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles have agreed to sign an MOU for international collaboration of USC with GHMC.
Hyderabad: The Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), government of Telangana and the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles have agreed to sign an MOU for international collaboration of USC with GHMC.
Accordingly, on behalf of GHMC, Bonthu Rammohan, Mayor GHMC, principal secretary MA&UD Department, TS Arvind Kumar, Commissioner, GHMC Janardhan Reddy & Zonal Commissioner Serilingampally Zone, GHMC, Hari Chandana and on behalf of USC, James, Ellis, Dean, Marshall School of Business, Anthony, Balley, vice president for Strategic Global Initiatives, USC and Tyrone Callahan, vice dean, undergrad the programme have signed the MOU on Friday in the presence of Minister for MA&UD KT Rama Rao.
By virtue of this MOU, GHMC and USC have agreed to explore the feasibility of academic cooperation leading the initiation and development of joint programmes which include:
1. Research collaborate with GHMC on social issues of public service delivery (first proposed project-suggest ways to plug loopholes in tax collection and ways to enhance our tax revenues).
2. Compile list of global best practices and share them with GHMC to import them.
3. Share IT technologies and suggest MIS interventions in our office practices.
4. Share best environmental technologies and facilitate international technologies providers to work in GHMC area.
5. Provide video training sessions to GHMC on best management practices.
6. Short courses for management officers on social enterprise and management practices.
7. GHMC staff and students exchange programmes have to be decided upon MOU.
Further, the validity of this MOU is for five years from the effective agreement and may be extended on the written mutual agreement. This is the first such collaborative dialogue and co-operation and building term sustainable relationship.