- NEET Aspirant, 21, Takes Life In Kota, Marking 29th Suicide This Year
- Major Cocaine Bust At Paradip Port: 22 Kg Haul Worth ₹220 Crore Seized From Indonesian Cargo Ship
- Karnataka govt won't indulge in preventing any act of creative expressions: Siddaramaiah
- Delhi HC grants anticipatory bail to Unnao gang-rape victim, mother in forgery case
- 4th T20I: Rinku, Jitesh, Jaiswal help India to 174/9 against Australia
- Suvendu Adhikari files RTI seeking details of recruitment in state health services since 2011
- Games24x7 joins hands with K'taka govt for GameTech Accelerate programme
- Long Covid patients may suffer chest pain, abnormal heart rhythms long-term
- Haryana DGP says 'women's safety will be priority'
- Election Commission revises Mizoram's vote-counting date to December 4
US: 12-year-old girl donates 1,300 books to children's hospital on V-Day
A 12-year-old New Jersey girl spent Valentine\'s Day delivering over 1,300 books donated to a children\'s hospital.Charlotte Olson tells the Courier-Post her original goal was to collect 1,000 children\'s books as a way to give back to her town of Voorhees.She started the book drive before Christmas, using social media, her family and church to help spread the word.
A 12-year-old New Jersey girl spent Valentine's Day delivering over 1,300 books donated to a children's hospital.Charlotte Olson tells the Courier-Post her original goal was to collect 1,000 children's books as a way to give back to her town of Voorhees.She started the book drive before Christmas, using social media, her family and church to help spread the word.
On Tuesday, she brought boxes full of books to Children's Regional Hospital at Cooper's outpatient Voorhees site. She also gave $220 to go toward more book purchases.
The books were presented to physicians and staff, who'll distribute them to patients at sites throughout the year as part of Cooper's Reach Out and Read program.
The hospital says it's the largest book donation they've ever received.