- New stem cell therapy may halt multiple sclerosis progression
- Mossad Chief in Doha for fresh talks, will meet CIA Chief for release of more hostages
- Nearing breakthrough: 58m debris removed, pipe pushed for Silkyara tunnel rescue, says NDMA
- India Shelter Finance, DOMS Industries, 3 others get Sebi nod to float IPOs
- Wrestlers sexual harassment case: Delhi court grants time to prosecution to file written arguments, allows one-day exemption from appearance to ex-WFI chief
- Defence minister unveils crest of stealth guided missile destroyer ‘Imphal’
- PM Modi's popularity is waning, Karnataka govt’s performance impacting Telangana polls: Siddaramaiah
- Israeli hostages: A tale of separation and reunion
- Sonia urges people of Telangana to vote for Congress, says people have given respect by calling her 'Amma'
- Khelo India Para Games will help create a larger talent pool for major international events, says Para badminton star Pramod Bhagat
Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping flip pancakes at Russian economic forum
Russian President Vladimir Putin and Chinas Xi Jinping on Tuesday took a break from the heavy lifting of international diplomacy to toss pancakes on the sidelines of an economic forum
Russian President Vladimir Putin and China's Xi Jinping on Tuesday took a break from the heavy lifting of international diplomacy to toss pancakes on the sidelines of an economic forum.
Xi is one of the big names at the event in the Russian far eastern city of Vladivostok, where the focus has been on economic ties and North Korea.
But the two leaders found time to flip blini on "Far East Street", an exhibition of the region's cultural and economic achievements.
Photos showed Putin and Xi, wearing blue aprons, pouring out batter and turning the pancakes over before eating them with caviar and a shot of vodka.
The pair earlier in the day praised their countries' increasingly close ties, with Xi saying their "friendship was getting stronger all the time".
This is not Putin and Xi's first foray into batter-based cooking. During a visit to China in June, the Russian leader made a Chinese pancake which Xi tried.