- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Congress holds TRS responsible for Vemula Srinivas’s death
Congress MLC Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy has alleged that the local TRS leaders were responsible for the death of Congress activist Vemula Srinivas, who was murdered on Friday.
Hyderabad: Congress MLC Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy has alleged that the local TRS leaders were responsible for the death of Congress activist Vemula Srinivas, who was murdered on Friday.
Addressing the media at Assembly media point on Wednesday, Ponguleti said TRS leaders killed Srinivas as he had become hurdle in the way to their atrocities.
The government failed to react on Srinivas’s murder, which took place in full public glare. He demanded Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao to react over the incident.
Alleging that the police were not arresting the culprits succumbing to the pressure from ruling party leaders, Ponguleti said, “We will meet the Chief Minister along with family members of deceased. The DGP has assured that the department will initiate action against the culprits.”
The MLC further bemoaned that the scene of children of deceased roaming every house seeking support was painful. He added that he would visit the village along with other Congress leaders on September 21, to infuse confidence among the deceased family members.
Seeking a reply from the government over Andhra Pradesh government drawing Krishna water through Pothireddypadu, Ponguleti alleged that the KCR government was mortgaging the interests of the state.
Ponguleti also stated that KCR failed to mount pressure on the Centre to get water to Nagarjunasagar project. “The State government left Polavaram issue to the wind,” he said, adding that there was no value to the words spoken in the Assembly by the Chief Minister in this regard.