Top

Mahbubnagar completes only 28% correction of land records works

Mahbubnagar completes only 28% correction of land records works
Highlights

The Mahbubnagar district is lagging in correction of land records in the State. As the State government had given clear targets to complete the...

Mahbubnagar: The Mahbubnagar district is lagging in correction of land records in the State. As the State government had given clear targets to complete the comprehensive land survey to correct all the erroneous land records, Mahbubnagar district is far in reaching the targets.

At present, there are 4,16,152 account holders having lands in 11,07,606 survey numbers across 26 mandals in the district. Out of this, lands in 3,14,559 survey numbers have been verified and corrected, while remaining 7,93,047 survey numbers are yet to be completed. That means only 28 per cent of land records have been corrected while the remaining 72 per cent is yet to be done.

District Collector Ronald Rose, while interacting with revenue officials through a video conference on Thursday, expressed his displeasure over the slow pace of works. “The comprehensive land survey meant to cleanse and streamline erroneous land records is not going on expected lines. When compared to other districts in the state, we are lagging behind. It is high time the Tahsildars and special officers from all mandals take responsibility and set targets to complete the survey on time,” said the Collector.

Survey works are particularly lagging in the mandals of Maddur, Utkoor and Balanagar. The Collector directed the respective Tahsildars to complete at least 100 acres of survey in each village per day. Particularly in Maddur mandal, though the land survey programme was initiated 43 days ago, the officials were unable to complete the survey in four villages.

Having learnt about the delay, the Collector sought the reasons and directed the concerned Tahsildars, special officers and other team members to complete the works as early as possible and update the survey details online.

According to officials, the main reasons for delay is due to deaths of land owners. As per the records, as many as 85,000 land owners have been found to be dead, while the lands are yet to be transferred on to the names of their heirs.

While referring to the inordinate delay exhibited by the Revenue officials in Balanagar mandal, the Collector sought to know from the concerned officer as to what was the reason for not completing the survey of land records of the first village even though more than one month has passed. The officials informed that there were issues with regard to land owners who were dead, and some lands were having double account names.

However, the Collector asked the officials to ensure that by December 2017, all the land records in the district must be corrected. The main purpose of initiating comprehensive land survey is to clear the erroneous land records and streamline so that it will facilitate the government in ascertaining the real owner of the land and there by implement the fertiliser subsidy scheme for the farmers from next year.

Show Full Article
Print Article

Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
Next Story
More Stories