Boiler explodes, no one hurt
A boiler at a private company exploded here on Wednesday, leaving the workers in fear. However, no was hurt in the incident. The incident took place...
Nalgonda: A boiler at a private company exploded here on Wednesday, leaving the workers in fear. However, no was hurt in the incident. The incident took place at Ragavendra Ferro Alloys located at Aitipamula village of Kattangur mandal in the district. Upon receiving information, firetenders rushed to the spot from Nakrekal and put out the fire. Meanwhile, it came to be known that the factory which has been running for the last 12 years has no fire extinguishers to address the exigency.
When The Hans India contacted the Nakrekal Station Fire Officer Satyanarayana over the violations of company management, he informed that, even though department of fire services emphasising on fire safety had given Form-9 and Form-12 to the management of the company few months ago, there was no response from the company.
Running an industry without department’s permissions, safety measures and fire extinguishers is a crime and liable for punishment, he added. He further informed that he would bring the matter to the notice of District Fire Officer for necessary action.