- Odisha Speaker suspends two BJP lawmakers who flung pulses in house
- Men’s ODI World Cup: New seats, rebranded restrooms at the forefront of upgrades in Arun Jaitley Stadium
- Study finds link between Covid-19 mutations and high immune responses
- Creatine supplements may help people with long Covid
- Delhi: 78th train departs for Ayodhya under Mukhyamantri Teerth Yatra scheme
- CDIL’s new packaging line in Mohali another push to India’s chip journey: MoS IT
- 2 BJP MLAs throw pulses at Odisha Speaker, suspended till end of session
- Asian Games: Indian men's football team bow out in pre-quarters after 0-2 loss to Saudi Arabia
- Lalu Prasad supports Manoj Jha over ‘Thakur’ poem controversy
- Ujjain minor girl rape case: Main accused arrested; tries to flee
Girl hacked to death by father
That some people would go to any lengths to keep their ill-conceived caste honour was borne out by a brutal killing in a village in the district on...
That some people would go to any lengths to keep their ill-conceived caste honour was borne out by a brutal killing in a village in the district on Saturday. An alleged love affair between two youths of different castes had the father of the girl hack her to death. It is learnt that Chandraiah from Venkatayapalem village in Khammam rural mandal killed his daughter Mamata on Saturday early hours as she allegedly refused to marry the groom of his choice. She was said to be in love with some boy from other caste.
According to Tirupati Reddy, Circle Inspector Khammam rural police, Chandraiah, allegedly worried over losing family honour, hacked his daughter to death with an axe when she was fast asleep. After realising the gravity of the situation, he fled the scene. Other family members reported the matter to police. A case was registered and a manhunt was launched for Chandraiah, the CI said.