- BJP leaders should give the correct script to PM Modi in Nizamabad - Palla Rajeshwar Reddy
- Shorter course of radiation therapy safe for early-stage breast cancer patients
- Google Pixel 8 series listed on Flipkart before India launch; Pre-orders start on October 5
- Global economy taking a turn for worse, caution ahead: Zoho’s Sridhar Vembu
- Gandhi is the only Mahatma and Father of the Nation: Siddaramaiah
- Why India must continue to engage with Maldives despite election of pro-China President
- Unveiling Pahadi Thal: A culinary odyssey through the Himalayas
- Kharge meets Maken, a day after appointing him as Congress treasurer
- September 2023 Australia's driest month on record since 1900
- NASA postpones probe to explore metal-rich asteroid to Oct 12
Telangana BJP leader Kishan Reddy arrested; slams KCR govt for dictatorial mindset
Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party BJP Legislature Party leader, Kishan Reddy on Tuesday was arrested by police at Himayat Nagar and was taken to Kanchanbagh police station
Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Legislature Party leader, Kishan Reddy on Tuesday was arrested by police at Himayat Nagar and was taken to Kanchanbagh police station.
Following his arrest, Kishan Reddy took to Twitter to lash out at Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao over his dictatorial mindset for ordering an arrest of MLAs. Tweets:
The tyrannical & dictatorial mindset of KCR is causing huge damage to the democratic fabric of our state. As a head of govt CM is bound to meet MLAs and MLCs instead, CM here is ordering an arrest of MLAs making a mockery of democracy.1/2 pic.twitter.com/6iYeWvwTcK— G.Kishan Reddy,MLA. (@kishanreddybjp) July 17, 2018
2/2 BJP legislators requested for an appointment with CM to discuss externment of Swami Paripoornanda.I was arrested today on my way to BJLP office at Assembly. Huge police presence at residences & offices of BJP Legislators since morning. This shows panic &nervousness in the TRS pic.twitter.com/6E2dn4YEUC— G.Kishan Reddy,MLA. (@kishanreddybjp) July 17, 2018
The police stated that the move was taken as a preventive action to avoid the BJP leaders from mobbing the Chief Minister’s camp office, Pragathi Bhavan. The state unit party president, K Laxman and party MLC Ramchandra Rao were also arrested and taken away to different police stations.
The TBJP leaders were planning to meet at the BJLP office in Assembly to hold discussions to revoke the ban on Swamy Paripurananda.