Modi flags off world's first diesel to electric converted locomotive
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday flagged off the worlds first diesel to electric converted locomotive here
Varanasi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday flagged off the world's first diesel to electric converted locomotive here.
Modi was received at the Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, Deputy Chief Minister Keshav Prasad Maurya, state Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Mahendra Nath Pandey and other senior officials.
After the flag-off from the Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW) campus, he also interacted with differently abled persons.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to spend around six hours in Varanasi, his parliamentary constituency, during which he will launch projects worth Rs 3,300 crore.
He will also visit the Sant Ravidas temple.
This is Modi's 17th visit to the temple town after becoming its representative in 2014.
- Chandrababu Naidu, Mamata Banerjee prepare for hung verdict, non-BJP front in discussion
- Akbar denies meeting Ramani at Oberoi hotel
- Sexual harassment charge filed against Tripura MLA
- 2 dead as truck falls into gorge in J&K's Doda
- Mission Admission 2019: Executive secretary of ComedK to interact with parents and students