Abhinandan flying fighter plane again depends on his fitness: IAF chief
Indian Air Force IAF chief BS Dhanoa on Monday said Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman will be allowed to fly a fighter plane again only if he is found physically fit
Coimbatore:Indian Air Force (IAF) chief B.S. Dhanoa on Monday said Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman will be allowed to fly a fighter plane again only if he is found physically fit.
Speaking to the media here, Air Chief Marshal Dhanoa said: "Abhinandan flying again depends on his medical fitness. If he is fit to fly a fighter plane then he will go back to the same unit."
He said the physical fitness requirement for flying fighter planes are very stringent and the rejection rates are high at the entry level.
Queried about the number of terrorists killed in the February 26 IAF attack in Balkot, Pakistan, he said it was for the government to give out the number.
"We don't count casualties. We see whether the target is hit or not," Dhanoa added.
- Opposition sore losers, desperation over VVPAT issue indication of defeat: Paswan
- 4-tier security at all 28 Karnataka counting centres
- Karnataka earns second position in seizure of Illegal liquor
- Attempted break-in into IAF Rafale project team facility in France: Sources
- Government clears 4 judges name for position to Supreme Court