Kamal Haasan gets battery torch as party symbol
Actorturnedpolitician Kamal Haasan on Sunday thanked the Election Commission of India for allotting his party Makkal Needhi Maiam MNM the battery torch symbol, calling it appropriate and in keeping with the partys vision
Chennai: Actor-turned-politician Kamal Haasan on Sunday thanked the Election Commission of India for allotting his party Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM) the battery torch symbol, calling it "appropriate" and in keeping with the party's vision.
"MNM thanks the Election Commision for granting us the 'Battery Torch' symbol for the forthcoming elections. So appropriate. MNM will endeavour to be the 'Torch-Bearer' for a new era in TN and Indian politics," Haasan said in a tweet.
Haasan had launched his political party MNM (People's Centre for Justice) last year and will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Last month speaking to reporters here, he said that the party will release the names of Lok Sabha candidates in phases and that youth will get preference in the selections.
- Fire breaks out at commercial building in Thiruvananthapuram
- Four men accused of cheating granted anticipatory bail by Karnataka HC
- Jodhpur: Four-year-old girl dies after falling into borewell
- Another Air India pilot under scanner over sexual abuse charges
- Lokayukta team raids three locations related to commercial tax official