Masterpieces from Antwerp
Masterpieces From Antwerp, Paintings and Other Art. Antwerp in the early 17th century. Although the city on the river Scheldt was still licking its wounds after prolonged periods of war.
Antwerp in the early 17th century. Although the city on the river Scheldt was still licking its wounds after prolonged periods of war, economically and artistically it continued to flourish. With the rise of an affluent bourgeoisie, a new outlet had emerged for the visual arts, in addition to production for the Church and the aristocracy. Status was what these new buyers were after. Not before long, their stately town mansions would be filled to the rafters with paintings and other art.
- Bangalore logs a turnout of 54.1%, worse than 2014 polls, which was 56%
- AAP says no to alliance just in Delhi, talk of tie-up in Haryana over: Sisodia
- Modi a fool: Siddaramaiah slams PM for taking advantage of surgical strikes
- PM anti-national, sold interest of nation, alleges Sidhu
- VVIP Chopper deal case: Court dismisses alleged defence agent's bail plea