Guidelines for fasting on Shivaratri
Guidelines for fasting on Shivaratri. On the occasion of Maha Shivaratri, many devotees fast and abstain from food the whole day.
On the occasion of Maha Shivaratri, many devotees fast and abstain from food the whole day. This form of denial of physical needs of the body for the sake of spiritual gains is perceived to be imperative for the well-being of the human body. In fact, many believe that through fasting, our digestive tract gets detoxified. Our body is efficient in storing food and handling situations when there is no intake of food. During the period of fasting, a lot of physiological changes occur in the body.
- AAP says no to alliance just in Delhi, talk of tie-up in Haryana over: Sisodia
- Modi a fool: Siddaramaiah slams PM for taking advantage of surgical strikes
- PM anti-national, sold interest of nation, alleges Sidhu
- VVIP Chopper deal case: Court dismisses alleged defence agent's bail plea
- India witnessed 2 types of politics 'vote bhakti' and 'desh bhakti': Modi