Sleep sweat-free on summer nights
Sleep sweat-free on summer nights, Getting a good night\'s sleep can get tough in summer due to overheating and sweat.
Getting a good night's sleep can get tough in summer due to overheating and sweat. So try using curtains smartly or wash your feet before slipping into bed for a sound nap.
Sleep expert Nerina Ramlakhan says "there needs to be a fractional temperature difference between our body and our brain - a warm body and a cool head."
"When the outdoor temperature rises this becomes more difficult but there are plenty of things you can do to beat the heat,"femalefirst.co.uk quoted Ramlakhan as saying.
Here are some tips:
* Keep a plant mister containing water by your bed to spray on your face during the night.
* Stop your bedroom overheating during the day by keeping curtains and blinds closed.
* Wash your feet with cold water before getting into bed, and/or run your wrists under cold water.
* Place a wet flannel in the fridge for an hour or so before getting into bed and lay it on your forehead to help you drift off to sleep.
* Sleep in cool wet socks or even a damp T-shirt.
* Use light bed sheets.
* Finally, and most importantly stay well hydrated during the day and don't fret too much if you can't sleep. Use the time to rest and think positive thoughts, then you will be extra productive the day after.
- BJP asks Rahul to come clean on his citizenship, qualification
- Modi regime is of 'dictatorial governance', says D Raja
- Rajinikanth gets inked on the right hand, authorities sought a report
- Modi lashes out at Mamata Banerjee, says she lost her sleep just after two phases of polling
- Bangalore logs a turnout of 54.1%, worse than 2014 polls, which was 56%