Botox is psychotic: Emma Thompson
Botox is psychotic: Emma Thompson. Oscar-winner Emma Thompson feels that going under the knife is against nature and an abnormal process. The 55-year-old actress finds Botox psychotic and unhealthy, reported Hello magazine.
Oscar-winner Emma Thompson feels that going under the knife is against nature and an abnormal process. The 55-year-old actress finds Botox psychotic and unhealthy, reported Hello magazine.
"It's mad. It's not a normal thing to do, and the culture that we've created that says it's normal, is not normal. It's chronically unhealthy and there's this very serious side to all of that," Thompson said.
"Serious because we're going to end up with this sort of 'super-culture' that's going to suggest to young people, girls and boys, that this looks normal. And it's not normal," she added.
Thompson said while working on The Love Punch, which sees her character Kate Jones reuniting with her ex-husband Richard, played by Pierce Brosnan, got her thinking about whether couples can benefit from spending time apart.
"It's actually not a bad idea to say, 'OK, just for a year, you need to go off'. Not be with other people - I think that's very difficult, all that free love stuff which has been tried and tested and proven to be very, very tricky," she said.
"But it's interesting that two people who know each other very well come back together again and love each other in a different way, a better way," she added.
- NDA attacks Tejashwi after he fails to vote, RJD blames it on wrong photo
- Rahul, Priyanka worked hard; Congress will prove to be strong Opposition: Shiv Sena
- BJP would get me killed by my own PSO one day like Indira Gandhi: Kejriwal
- Karnataka Congress leader appeals Muslims to 'join hands' with BJP if need arises
- Chandrababu Naidu, 21 opposition party leaders to meet EC today