Sex, exercise to burn more calories
Sex, Exercise to Burn More Calories, Can we compare the bedroom act with a real workout in terms of calorie consumption or one should adopt both to have a super life?
Can we compare the bedroom act with a real workout in terms of calorie consumption or one should adopt both to have a super life?
Sure, we can.
According to researchers, sexual activity burned around four calories per minute for men and three per minute for women - qualified as moderate intensity exercise as per the Metabolic Equivalent of Task (MET) or simply metabolic equivalent.
The average time of a sexual act in the study was 25 minutes, including foreplay.
“It would result in about 75 calories burned for women and 100 for men which is not a bad score,” the researchers added.
Sex also strengthens the immune system, boosts heart health and banish stress.
But sex should not replace regular exercise.
“Rather, sex and exercise should both be incorporated into your routine on a regular basis to have a greater quality of life,” study author Antony D. Karelis told Men's Journal.
But like with any workout, the more vigorously you do it, the greater the calorie expenditure you can see!
- Lokpal to work from Delhi's 5-star luxury 'The Ashok' hotel
- Sri Lanka blasts shakes up the country: Live updates
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse
- Delhi HC seeks CBI, Michel's lawyer response on plea challenging phone call limit
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers