First date tips for women
First Date Tips For Women. Reality TV star and blogger Lucy Watson has shared certain rules of dating in the 21st century.
Reality TV star and blogger Lucy Watson has shared certain rules of dating in the 21st century.
The UK star of BAFTA award-winning lifestyle show 'Made in Chelsea' reveals experiences of serial cheaters, public betrayals and sex scandals in her new book, 'The Dating Game', News.com.au reported.
She advises women to always let guys make the first move.
Her rules for texting include: keep texting brief; don't reply to text messages straight away and never text more than twice in a row.
Here is her advice on preparing for the first date with the new man in your life:
- Go for drinks, not supper. Organise to go for a drink first.
- If you are getting on well, then go for supper. You don't want to rock up to a restaurant and have to endure hours of awkwardness till the bill arrives. So, always do a test drink first.
- Try to keep yourself busy. Otherwise you'll totally overthink it. Try to distract yourself as much as possible beforehand.
- Look good without overdoing it. On a first date she advises to wear jeans, or smart trousers, with a cool top and heels.
- Show off your best assets but not at the same time.
- Smell good. Pack your handbag with perfume and mints. Smell good, but don't drown yourself in it.
- Don't wear lots of make-up on a first date. If looking natural isn't good enough for him, then he isn't even vaguely good enough for you.
- And lastly, don't turn up drunk.