Smart way to jazz up your abode
Its chilly and gloomy outside, but you can make your house warm and cozy with a little bit of makeover.
New Delhi: Its chilly and gloomy outside, but you can make your house warm and cozy with a little bit of makeover.
Pooja Sharma, design head and director, Studio 13 Design Pvt. Ltd., shares how:
* Home fragrance: It can help to create a warm atmosphere. Try choosing woody aroma for diffusers. Scented candles can help in warming a room. Scented sticks in fragrances of cinnamon, rosewood and sandalwood are soothing and are the best inviting aromas.
* Twinkling lights: Try adding some strings light around a preferred corner of your house.
* Proper use of rugs, blankets: Place all heavy rugs and blankets in living and bedrooms. Try covering a bare floor with a thick rug so as to make that space look warmer and comfortable.
* Dark tones: Swap all those pastel shades with darker tones, as bright and dark colours are full of warmth. For winters, pick fabrics such as velvet, cashmere, wool or faux with brighter shades, floral or strip prints, oversized geometric designs for rugs and cushions. Cosy up your couch with a plush throw or wrap the seat cushion with faux fur.
* Electric fireplace: Go for electric fireplace as it is easy to maintain and install.
- Arch Rivals For 24 Years! : Maya shares stage with MSY, calls him genuine OBC leader
- 'Babar ki Aulad': Yogi hits out at SP candidate post end on EC ban
- 'Fight of ideologies': Jyotiraditya Scindia on Digvijaya-Pragya LS tussle
- Congress seeks security for Hardik after attack
- SpiceJet hires 500, most from grounded Jet