Culture has a huge impact on creativity
A new study has recently revealed that culture has a huge impact on creativity.
Washington: A new study has recently revealed that culture has a huge impact on creativity.
The research from Concordia University showed that those from individualist societies generate a greater number of ideas as compared to their collectivist counterparts, though the cultures were on nearly equal footing when it came to the quality of that creative output.
Gad Saad, professor at Concordia's John Molson School of Business, said that the individualists came up with many more ideas and they also uttered more negative statements but they also displayed greater overconfidence.
When it came to the quality of ideas produced, the collectivists scored marginally higher than the individualists.
Studies like this one are instrumental in understanding cultural differences that increasingly arise as the globe's economic centre of gravity shifts towards East Asia.
The study is published in the Journal of Business Research. (ANI)
- Vice President Naidu calls for concerted global action to eliminate terror
- Twenty-seven thousand youths lose their jobs every 24 hours: Rahul in Amethi
- Deve Gowda urges world community to come together to eliminate terrorism
- Cong, CPI(M) working together to make Modi PM again: Mamata
- Delhi HC defers hearing appeal filed by anti-Sikh riots convicts to May 20