Man gets drunk, vulgar after munching chips
Man Gets Drunk, Vulgar After Munching Chips. A British man suffering from auto-brewery syndrome can get drunk on chips, it has been reported.
London: A British man suffering from auto-brewery syndrome can get drunk on chips, it has been reported.
Chowing down on a box of carbs sends Nick Hess into a drunken, vulgar state, the BBC reported.
Hess' wife thought he was an alcoholic and one night scoured their house trying to find what she thought was hidden bottles of alcohol.
But after a visit to a doctor, it turned out Hess was suffering from a rare condition where the stomach has an overgrowth of yeast which turns carbohydrates into excess alcohol in the blood.
Hess said he had no idea how bad it was and simply thought everyone was giving him a hard time.
- Why Election Commission not cancelling BJP 'gem' Pragya Thakur's nomination?: Mayawati
- Modi government changed pusillanimous approach of Congress on terror: PM Modi
- West Bengal facing Mafia Raj under Mamata Banerjee's rule: Amit Shah
- 15 Naxals, including 6 women surrender in Bastar
- No problem if Muslims don't vote for me: Varun Gandhi contradicts mother Maneka