Dehydrated drivers as dangerous as drunken ones
Dehydrated Drivers As Dangerous As Drunken Ones. A new study has revealed that drivers who don\'t drink enough water can be as dangerous as the drunken ones.
London: A new study has revealed that drivers who don't drink enough water can be as dangerous as the drunken ones.
Drivers who have not had enough water to drink make as many mistakes on the road as those who are under the influence of alcohol, the Independent reported.
According to the Daily Telegraph, researchers stated that even mild dehydration can have a negative impact on mental functions, from reduced concentration and alertness to changes in mood.
The researchers warned that over a long journey being in a hot car could lead to significant losses in water, and particularly advised against not drinking water so as to avoid toilet stops on long journeys.
- Fearing defeat, oppn blaming EVMs
- Will go after the fixers in apex court: SC
- As BJP fields Sunny Deol from Gurdaspur, Kavita Khanna says 'felt betrayed'
- Delhi court sends N D Tiwari's daughter-in-law Apoorva to 2 day police custody
- Modi to hold Varanasi road show tomorrow, file nomination on April 26