People with blue eyes get addicted to alcohol
People With Blue Eyes Get Addicted To Alcohol. Blue eyes are not always the epitome of beauty as a new study has suggested that blue-eyed people are usually addicted to drinking alcohol.
Washington DC: Blue eyes are not always the epitome of beauty as a new study has suggested that blue-eyed people are usually addicted to drinking alcohol.
Researchers at University of Vermont analysed the data of 10,000 northeastern Americans who were diagnosed with at least one psychiatric illness, and found a high rate of alcohol dependency among blue eyed European-Americans.
According to Huffington Post, eye color may be genetically relevant in predicting alcohol dependency because the genes that determine eye color line up along the same chromosome as genes related to excessive alcohol use.
The researchers also mentioned that the results can't be generalized as personal choice and addiction plays a vital role at the end.
The study is published in the July issue of American Journal of Medical Genetics: Neuropsychiatric Genetics (Part B).
- After 22 defeats, tea seller ready to battle again in the LS polls for 23rd time
- Communal politics takes centrestage in WB as TMC, BJP fight for supremacy
- Those who refer to Hindutva as terrorism are anti-nationals, says Pragya Thakur
- No sympathy wave for BJP after Parrikar's death: Congress leader
- Bihar expecting lies and jumlas in PM rally: Tejashwi Yadav