Modi: Our Mars Mission cheaper than the movie Gravity
Modi: Our Mars Mission cheaper than the movie Gravity. Prime Minister Narendra Modi today witnessed the launch of Indian Space Research Organisation\'s PSLV C-23 rocket in Sriharikota.
Sriharikota: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today witnessed the launch of Indian Space Research Organisation's PSLV C-23 rocket in Sriharikota.
This is India's fourth dedicated commercial launch, but the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle's 27th launch. The launch vehicle costs Rs. 100 crores.
Here are the highlights of his speech:
- My congratulations to our brilliant space scientists for yet another successful launch of the polar satellite.
- Even today's satellites are from developed nations. Truly, this is a global endorsement of our space capability.
- This is a domain where we are the international cutting edge. We have achieved excellent and cut beyond mediocrity. ('We've Done a Lot But Yeh Dil Maange More': PM Modi After PSLV Launch)
- This fills every Indian's heart with pride and I can see the joy and satisfaction on your faces. Feel privileged to watch this in person
- We are proud that our programme is indigenous. Generations of scientists have worked to make India a self-reliant space power
- Our space journey has come a long way from the humble beginnings
- Our Mars Mission Cheaper Than The Movie Gravity
- I congratulate the scientists. This Sadhna you have done in the lab has the power to change the lives of millions of people
- Such technology is fundamentally connected with the common man. As a change agent, it can empower and connect, to transform his life
- Space technology has also evolved into an invaluable asset in disaster management
- Satellite communication channels, often end up being the only mode of communication
- GIS technology has transformed policy planning, implementation. Space imaging enables modern management, conservation of water resources
- India's Space program, is driven by a vision of service to humanity. Not by a desire of power
- I urge Department of Space, to proactively engage with all stakeholders, to maximize use of space science in Governance and Development
- Success of the mission fills every Indian's heart with pride
- ISRO scientists should build a SAARC satellite
- SAARC satellite will be India's gift to the neighbourhood
- India should build a SAARC satellite. We have done a lot but yeh dil maange more