- 2 held for murder of youth
- Gadkari urges auto industry, stakeholders to promote vehicle scrapping policy
- ‘Modi means guarantee of fulfillment of promises,’ says PM in Jaipur
- Musical fountains, a new attraction at Durgam Cheruvu
- Centre undermining federalism, says Chidambaram
- The 9th Edition of TEDxHyderabad 2023 - Ignite Creates an Unforgettable Symposium of Ideas and Inspiration
- 'China’s unfair trade practices have forced EU to become more assertive'
- SC issues notice on plea seeking 25% higher benefits for specially-abled individuals under social security schemes
- NSE plans to extend F&O trading hours; seeks Sebi's nod
- Congress should quiz Sharad Pawar on meetings with Adani Group: Prakash Ambedkar
Sadananda Gowda announces 58 new trains
Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda Tuesday announced the launch of 58 new trains this financial year in his maiden budget presented in the Lok Sabha.
Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda announced the launch of 58 new trains this financial year in his maiden budget presented in the Lok Sabha.
"Railways proposes to introduce 58 new trains which includes five Jan Sadharan trains, five premium trains, six AC (air conditioned) express trains, 27 express trains, eight passenger trains, two MEMU (mainline electric multiple unit) commuter railway services and five DEMU (diesel-electric multiple unit) services this year," the minister said.
He said that special trains would continue to run to meet the holiday and festival rush, including services for Melmaruvathur, Velankanni and Jhalawar.
The minister further proposed to extend the run of 11 existing trains