Lab to land is our biggest challenge: NaMo
Lab to Land is Our Biggest Challenge: Narendra Modi. With a prolonged applause for India\'s lakhs of farmers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today asked agri scientists to work towards the mantra, \"per drop, more crop”.
With a prolonged applause for India's lakhs of farmers, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today asked agri scientists to work towards the mantra, "per drop, more crop”. Accepting the award, by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Prime Minister Narendra Modi said "Everyone who has contributed to the field of agriculture needs to be given a standing ovation. I request you to applaud the farmers who feed the people of India, and not me," he said.
In a rare public address, the Prime Minister addressed the following key issues faced by the agriculture sector in India.
1. PM asked Agri scientists to work towards increasing crop productivity at fast pace without compromising on quality.
2. “Lab to land is our biggest challenge,” pointed out the PM. Scientific knowledge in laboratories should reach farmers in fields
3. Agri universities should set up their own radio stations and use digitised research material to create awareness among progressive farmers.
4. Need to boost production of oilseeds and pulses to reduce import dependence: PM
5. Addressing the issues of allied sectors, PM calls for Blue Revolution to boost fisheries trade
6. He emphasised on need for water conservation. "Weather and water cycle needs to be coordinated. Water is a gift from the God.Awareness of water conservation among farmers needs to be created" he pointed.
7. “China and India both have Himalayas, but China gone so far ahead in developing herbal medicines. What new can we do with our medicine plants so there is maximum utilisation" concluded the PM