Modi wave a tsunami: Amit Shah on BJP's Maha win
Narendra Modi Wave a Tsunami: Amit Shah on BJP\'s Maharashtra Win. BJP on Sunday gave enough indications that it was not averse to the outside support offered by NCP and made it clear that it will be going ahead with formation of government in Maharashtra.
Mumbai: BJP on Sunday gave enough indications that it was not averse to the outside support offered by NCP and made it clear that it will be going ahead with formation of government in Maharashtra.
"As per norms of democracy, the largest party has the right to form the government. BJP will be forming the government in Maharashtra," party President Amit Shah told a press conference here as the results showed that BJP will fall short of a majority.
Shah said on Sunday that the victory in Haryana and Maharashtra are two steps more in making ‘India Congress-free’. He also added “From the victory it is clear that Narendra Modi has become the ‘undisputed’ leader of India.”
He reiterated that the election result is a stamp of approval of Modi government’s work and policies at the Centre.
On asked about the NCP’s unconditional support to BJP in government formation, Shah said, “NCP has offered unconditional support from outside. It has not talked of an alliance.”
Shah also said “NCP does not want to join the government. No talks held with anybody so far.”
BJP president Amit Shah said after results on Sunday, "We never wanted the alliance with Shiv Sena to break. It was a matter of just three seats that they denied us. Today's results have proved who was right in their demand."
Here are the highlights:
- We will prove our mettle to people of Haryana and Maharashtra, this is the victory of public and part workers.
- After LS polls these were the polls in two large states and BJP won in both states.
- Results show ‘Modi wave’ now a tsunami.
- We never wanted to break the alliance.
- BJP has won with a huge majority in both the states.
- Want to thank the people of Maharashtra and Haryana, it's their victory and the party workers who worked day/night to ensure this victory for us.
- Congress will not even get leader of Opposition status in both the states.
- Our 'Congress-mukt' slogan has been taken two steps ahead.
- The NCP has offered to extend outside support - an alliance would mean being in the government.