- Brothers stabbed to death after fight over alcohol in UP, six held
- UP govt tables second supplementary budget
- Delhi court to hear Lava chief's bail plea in Vivo PMLA case on Dec 4
- More people in Gaza could die of diseases than bombings: WHO chief
- Cabinet okays drone scheme for women self-help groups
- New AI model to predict physical & mental development in preemies
- IMD warns of cyclonic development, anticipates weather turbulence across multiple regions
- Cabinet clears Rs 11.8 lakh cr scheme for free foodgrain to poor
- Mock drill by Waltair division at Simhachalam
- California tries to fight 'tranq' threat with tougher punishment
Shiv Sena sacks partymen over ink attack on RTI activist
In a damage control exercise, the Shiv Sena on Saturday condemned the attack and blackening the face of RTI activist Mallikarjun Bhaikatti by its activists here on Friday.
Latur (Maharashtra): In a damage control exercise, the Shiv Sena on Saturday condemned the attack and blackening the face of RTI activist Mallikarjun Bhaikatti by its activists here on Friday.
The Sena activists, led by one Abhay Salunkhe and others who attacked Bhaikatti for exposing a massive illegal construction activity, were dismissed from the party, party leader Aditya Thackeray said.
Thackeray also "strongly condemn the disgraceful act" on behalf of his party.
"Heard of the unfortunate incident in Latur. The party strongly condemns the disgraceful act. Those involved have been removed from the party," he said in a statement.
Through an RTI query, Bhaikatti exposed a massive illegal in construction of a four-storied boys hostel in the city.
After Bhaikatti addressed a press conference, some of Sena activists dragged him to the college premises and vowed to teach him a lesson.
There they shouted slogans and assaulted Bhaikatti with an iron rod and blackened his face with ink. Salunkhe alleged that the RTI activist was a 'blackmailer'.
Bhaikatti has been admitted to a hospital where his condition is describied as stable.