- TOSS extends last date for submitting applications
- Hyderabad: TSRTC bids farewell to corporation chairman
- CM gives top priority for health: Dy CM
- Chittoor: CPI participates in TDP hunger strike
- Tirupati: Amara Hospital offers free surgeries for Cerebral Palsy patients
- Devotees to Tirumala increases, Navaratri Brahmotsavams from October 15
- GHMC chief Ronald Rose holds meet on breakfast scheme
- Hyderabad: Facial recognition system in city schools proves to be dud
- Stage set for ‘Son rise’ in Tirupati, Chandragiri constituencies
- Will file defamation case against Bandaru: Min Roja
What Khan said, whole world is saying: Cong
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi defended Aamir. Gandhi asked the government to reach out to people instead of branding its critics as \"unpatriotic, anti-national or motivated\".
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi defended Aamir. Gandhi asked the government to reach out to people instead of branding its critics as "unpatriotic, anti-national or motivated".
"What Aamir, one of the most respected actor, has said in the presence of many senior BJP people is what the whole world is saying, all of India is saying, all right- minded people are saying," Congress spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said. Meanwhile, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Detection) Dhananjay Kulkarni said "We have provided adequate police security to the actor. There hasn't been any protest by anyone in the city or at Khan's house, but we have information that some outfits may hold a protest."
Short film-maker Ullhas PR on Tuesday filed a police complaint in Delhi against Aamir for "scaring people" with remarks that suggest the film star and his family view themselves as living in an atmosphere of grave "insecurity". It was sad that Aamir Khan and his wife Kiran Rao felt like leaving India in the face of intolerance, Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh said on Tuesday.
"His wife is Hindu, she has also felt it, that with this kind of uncultured and intolerant atmosphere, it looks like those who are fighting against this will have to leave the country. This is a serious issue," Digvijaya Singh said. "Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and Aamir Khan like any citizen is entitled to his personal opinion. And any one who disagrees with him also enjoys the same freedom," BJP spokesperson Nalin Kohli said.