Dahanu boat capsize: 32 students rescued, search ops on
32 students have been rescued, after a boat with 40 school children on board capsized two nautical miles from the seashore in Maharashtra\'s Dahanu earlier today.
Dahanu (Maharashtra): 32 students have been rescued, after a boat with 40 school children on board capsized two nautical miles from the seashore in Maharashtra's Dahanu earlier today.
The Coast guard Public Relations Officer (PRO) informed that the bodies of four children have been recovered so far.
Overloading is said to be the cause of the mishap.
"Coast Guard has diverted ships which were at sea and ships are also sailing from Mumbai. Dornier aircraft and helicopters from Daman (near to Dahanu) have also been launched," the Coast guard PRO had said earlier.
The rescue operation is on.
Dahanu is in Maharashtra's Palghar district and is about 110 kilometers from Mumbai.
- DMK files a complaint with CEO for violation of model code
- Soldier killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
- President, Vice President, PM extend Holi greetings
- India Drops 7 Spots In List Of Happiest Nations, Still Behind Pak, China
- 'Don't get disheartened': Mayawati on not contesting LS polls, says still can be PM