- Hyderabad Public School plans grand finale of centenary celebrations
- University of North Florida Dean Visited GITAM
- GITAM Organises CPR Awareness Program
- Karnataka government invites startups to provide tech solutions
- Inculcating experience-oriented education amongst growing children India
- Google introduces Gemini GenAI model for highly complex tasks
- Why being mindful of heart health during winter is crucial
- J&K’s two bills seek to nominate two Kashmiri migrant community members: Shah
- Mahindra to hike vehicle prices from next month
- First instalment of drought relief for farmers within next week: CM Siddaramaiah instructs
CSK to go all out
Comfortably placed at the top of the table, Chennai Super Kings would focus on sealing their playoff berth after an abrupt loss when they take on a...
Comfortably placed at the top of the table, Chennai Super Kings would focus on sealing their playoff berth after an abrupt loss when they take on a lowly Delhi Daredevils in their own den in a Pepsi IPL match here on Tuesday. The Daredevils, already out of contention for a berth in the play-offs, have only pride to play for against the mighty opponents at the MA Chidambaram Stadium. The Chennai with 10 victories and four loses from 14 matches have virtually advanced to the play-off stage of the tournament. Their form took a bit of a tumble when CSK, who have own the title twice before, suffered a five-wicket loss against Rajasthan Royals last night. Chasing 142 for a win, the Royals lost three wickets inside five overs before Shane Watson played a blistering knock of 70 off just 34 balls to end the match in dramatic fashion with 17 balls to spare. It must have come as a wake-up call for the CSK, but they are expected to bounce back given the presence of high-profile and in-form players in their ranks. Except for a few loses, CSK haven't put a foot wrong. The batting line-up comprising Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina and skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the envy of other IPL outfits. In the bowling department, the team boasts of the likes of Albie Morkel, Mohit Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin, Chris Morris and Dwayne Bravo.