- Real Madrid signs Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund for over 100 million euros
- RSS chief to be in Udaipur on June 8-9
- BRS govt's efforts led to sustainable, constant availability of water: MLC Kavitha
- Pak Army top brass vows to tighten noose around masterminds of May 9 'rebellion'
- Karnataka's free power scheme to cost Rs 13,000 crore annually
- Vadnagar Railway station gets a facelift
- Woman commits suicide in J&K after failing civil service exams
- Doing good for others is beneficial to children's emotional, physical health: Study
- 'Oppn meeting will be held on June 23 in Patna': JD-U leader
- 1 in every 7 cars sold now an EV, China's BYD dominate again
Bolt, Ennis are year's best
Exceptional Achievement award for Mr Olympian Rio de Janeiro (IANS): Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt and British heptathlete Jessica Ennis won the...
Exceptional Achievement award for Mr Olympian Rio de Janeiro (IANS): Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt and British heptathlete Jessica Ennis won the Laureus World Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year Awards for their dominant performances at the London Olympics. Bolt, who also received the award in 2009 and 2010, won the 100m, 200m and 4x100m relay in London to take his career haul to six Olympic gold medals. He was not present at Rio's Municipal Theatre to accept the award Monday night but appeared via video-link. US swimming legend Michael Phelps received the inaugural exceptional achievement award after winning four gold medals at the London Olympics to lift his career Games tally to 18 gold medals. "To win another Laureus is a great honour and even more so because I was up against such difficult competitors. I will definitely be there in 2016. I'm going to start my training gradually to not over-exert myself and be as well prepared as possible in 2016. I'm looking forward to it," Bolt said. Ennis overcame home pressure by winning the heptathlon, widely regarded as the ultimate all-round athletic test, with a British-record score of 6,955 points. The team of the year trophy went to Europe's Ryder Cup side after its victory over the United States last September while Scotland's Andy Murray won the breakthrough award for his US Open and Olympic triumphs. The winners were chosen by a panel of 46 sporting identities including Dan Marino, Franz Beckenbauer, Jack Nicklaus and Martina Navratilova. List of the 2013 Laureus Awards Sportsman of the Year: Usain Bolt Sportswoman of the Year: Jessica Ennis Team of the Year: European Ryder Cup Team Breakthrough of the Year: Andy Murray Comeback of the Year: Felix Sanchez Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Daniel Dias Action Sportsperson of the Year: Felix Baumgartner Lifetime Achievement Award: Sebastian Coe for London Olympics Exceptional Achievement Award: Michael Phelps.