- Odisha Train Accident: PM Expresses Grief. Calls incident as Heart Breaking
- Mumbai to Tirupati: ‘Adipurush’ music directors planning something unique for the film
- PM Meets injured and bereaved families
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chip may arrive in October 2023
- AP special team visits Odisha, retrieves state passengers data, sets up helpline numbers
- Sonia Gandhi mourns loss of lives in Odisha train tragedy
- Andhra Pradesh: Train mishap averted in Kadiri due to loco pilot's alertness
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Odisha Train accident site in Balasore
- World Bicycle Day: Facts about bicycles and cycling
- International Bicycle Day: History, Importance, use of bicycles earlier and at present
Crucial match for Hyderabad
With both teams eyeing a knock-out stage berth, a consistent Mumbai Indians will lock horns with dark horses Sunrisers Hyderabad in a crucial Pepsi...
With both teams eyeing a knock-out stage berth, a consistent Mumbai Indians will lock horns with dark horses Sunrisers Hyderabad in a crucial Pepsi IPL tie here on Monday.A The Mumbai Indians have an impeccable home record this year with six wins at the Wankhede Stadium in as many matches and the hosts would look to maintain that, especially when a win would guarantee them a spot at the play-off stage.
The Rohit-Sharma led side is placed second on the league table having won nine out of 13 matches and has 18 points, while the Hyderabad franchise has 16 points in 13 games with eight wins.A Mumbai inched closer to a play-off berth with a clinical performance to defeat state rivals Pune Warriors by five wickets on Saturday.
Mumbai's top-order hasn't fired in unison in most of the games and even against the weaker Pune attack, they lost West Indian opener Dwayne Smith for a nought.A Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar has failed to convert his starts into big scores, his highest score being 54 in 13 games. He has aggregated just 249 runs at an average of 19.15.
Smith has looked in good touch with 263 runs in nine matches under his belt. Rohit has led from the front and is the highest run-scorer for the side with 467 in 13 games at an average of 51.88. He has been at the backbone of the Mumbai batting along with wicket keeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik.
The stumper has scored 405 runs in 13 games with two half centuries. The bowling attack comprising Aussie pacer Mitchell Johnson (19 wickets) and Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga (11 wickets) has been formidable. Johnson, by his own admission, has been in the form of his life and has been the key bowler for the Mumbai Indians outfit, making early inroads into the opposition batting order.
The duo has been complemented well by Indian spin twins Harbhajan Singh (17 wickets) and Pragyan Ojha (14 wickets) who have been choking up the runs and also taking wickets in the middle overs.A On the other hand, a win on Monday will certainly keep the Hyderabad franchise in hunt for a berth in the knock-out stage of the competition.A Hyderabad kept themselves in contention for a spot with a 30-run victory over Kings XI Punjab last night.