- Mangroves to be developed at Bhimunivaripalem
- Hyderabad: TASA spreads awareness on need to protect environment
- Eco-Vizag to focus on five mantras
- OTT: This Simbu’s film is now available on Amazon Prime
- Tirupati: Rallies, plantation programmes mark World Environment Day
- ‘Adipurush’ pre release event: Never seen before arrangements going on at the venue
- Sivakarthikeyan finishes dubbing for ‘Maaveeran’
- World Environment Day: Measures to conserve environment highlighted
- Rangareddy: Man held for selling fake cotton seeds
- Hyderabad: 200 police officers deployed at Haj camp
INDIA OPEN super series : Srikanth stuns fourth seed
Kashyap exits; Guru, Sindhu thru New Delhi (IANS): In what turned out to be a surprise match of the day at the $200,000 India Open Super Series...
Kashyap exits; Guru, Sindhu thru New Delhi (IANS): In what turned out to be a surprise match of the day at the $200,000 India Open Super Series badminton here Wednesday, while the unseeded Indian shuttler Srikanth amazed fourth seed Jan O Jorgensen in a 45- minute encounter here on Wednesday. K Srikanth, 20, caused one of the biggest upsets by defeating Danish fourth seed Jan O Jorgensen while former national champion Chetan Anand made a first-round exit from men's singles.A Playing the Danish World No.6 for the second time, the unseeded Indian Srikanth took only 45 minutes to close the match 21-7, 18-21, 21-12 at the Siri Fort Sports Complex here. The Indian had earlier lost to the Dane in the Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold last month. Meanwhile, Olympic broze medallist and top seed Saina Nehwal advanced to the second round.A The World No.2 beat Belaetrix Manuputi of Indonesia 21-12, 21-15 in 33 minutes at the Siri Fort Sports Complex to improve her career head-to-head to 2-0. She had earlier beaten the Indonesian at the All England Open in March. RMV Gurusaidutt and Ajay Jayaram won their respective matches against Indonesian Tommy Sugiarto and Vladimir Malkov of Russia.A While Gurusaidutt won by 21-16, 21-17 margin, Jayram defeated the Russian with identical game scores of 21-17, 21-17.A Talented P V Sindhu came from behind to win 17-21, 21-18, 21-14 against Yao Xue of China in the women's singles. In the men's Former Olympic champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia saved a matchpoint to beat home favourite and fifth seed Parupalli Kashyap in a nail-biting men's singles first round contest. Taufik won 13-21, 23-21, 21-18 in exactly an hour at the Siri Fort Sports Complex. The Indonesian said he tried to stay focussed when he was match point down in the second game.A Veteran Anand's campaign came to an end as he lost to Sourabh Verma 13-21, 8-21 in a little more than half an hour in men's singles.