- Vijayawada: PM Narendra Modi government failed on all fronts in last nine years, claims Congress MP N Uttam Kumar Reddy
- Eluru: AP JAC regional meet evokes huge response
- New Delhi: CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy stresses on importance of infra
- Kadapa: Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy owes answer in Viveka case, says CPI state secretary K Ramakrishna
- Visakhapatnam: Mugger crocodile hatchlings, a new attraction at zoo
- YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
- Srikakulam: ‘State government suppressing employees’
- Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
- Visakhapatnam: People find various ways to dispose of Rs 2,000 notes
- Tirupati: Vahana Sevas performed for Govindaraja Swamy
No deadline extension for Gurunath Meiyappan:Police
Mumbai Police on Friday indicated it would not extend the deadline for Chennai Super Kings CEO Gurunath Meiyappan to appear before it for questioning...
Mumbai Police on Friday indicated it would not extend the deadline for Chennai Super Kings CEO Gurunath Meiyappan to appear before it for questioning in the IPL betting scandal, saying "he has been asked to present himself by 5 pm today".
"Mr. Meiyappan was served summons yesterday which asked him to present himself before the crime branch here between 10 AM and 5 PM today. So, he has to present himself by 5 PM today," a deputy commissioner rank officer involved in the probe told PTI.
He, however, parried questions about whether Mr. Meiyappan, son-in-law of BCCI president and CSK owner N.Srinivasan, would be arrested if he fails to make an appearance on Friday.
Mr. Meiyappan had on Thursday sought time till Monday to appear before the Mumbai crime branch, hours after it issued summons to him for personal appearance.
Though the exact contents of the letter faxed to crime branch was not yet known, the CSK honcho wanted to be given time till Monday as he wanted to attend IPL final in Kolkata on Sunday in which his team would clash with winner of Mumbai Indians and Rajasthan Royals in the last play-off on Friday.
Mr.Meiyappan is under the crime branch scanner for his proximity to Bollywood actor Vindoo Dara Singh who was arrested for his alleged association with bookmakers.