- Can a green Mediterranean diet make your brain younger?
- Excise Policy: Manish Sisodia's interim bail plea refused
- Lucknow University prepares long term plans for next decade
- YouTube testing new connectivity feature for Nest speakers on Music app
- NIRF Ranking 2023: IIT Madras top educational institution, Miranda House best college
- Oppn parties' meeting deferred due to Congress, says Nitish Kumar
- WTC Final: Shastri, Ponting, Akram give Australia slight advantage over India
- DCM Shivakumar meets all MLA's, MP's and MLC's on Bangalore development
- Cambodia to graduate from least developed country status by 2027: PM Hun Sen
- Tiny video capsule shows promise as an alternative to endoscopy
Syed Mushtaq Ali Twenty20 Championship: Gujarat clinches title
Indore (PTI): Gujarat on Sunday clinched the Syed Mushtaq Ali Twenty20 Championship title after registering a thumping six-wicket victory over...
Indore (PTI): Gujarat on Sunday clinched the Syed Mushtaq Ali Twenty20 Championship title after registering a thumping six-wicket victory over Punjab in the summit clash here.A Electing to bat, Punjab suffered a top-order collapse to be reduced to 20 for four in the sixth over before they recovered a bit to score 122 for eight in their allotted 20 overs at the Holkar Stadium. Gujarat chased down the target with 13 balls to spare. Pacer Jasprit Bumrah was the pick of the Gujarat bowlers as he returned with three wickets for just 14 runs from his four overs. Mehul Patel chipped in with two wickets, while Rohit Dahiya and Rakesh Dhurv took wicket apiece.A Amitoze Singh top-scored for Punjab with a 42-ball 49, while wicketkeeper-batsman Chandan Madan contributed with 25 runs. Chasing a modest target of 123, Gujarat started badly as they lost their wicketkeeper captain Parthiv Patel (1) with the score on two. Opener Asad Pathan (32) and one-down batsman Niraj Patel (14) put up a 50-run partnership, before they were both dismissed in the eighth over with the team score of 52. Manprit Juneja (31), who hit a breathtaking unbeaten 108 in their final Super League match against Kerala yesterday, and Abdulahad Malik (31 not out) put up a further 64 runs together, as Gujarat kept abreast with the required run-rate. Brief Scores: Punjab 122 for 8 (Amitoze Singh 49; Jasprit Bumrah 3/14) lost to Gujarat 128 for 4 (Asad Pathan 32; Rajwinder Singh 2/40).