- Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan greets people on State Formation Day
- KCR recalls 14-yr struggle for Telangana
- Siddipet to boast world's first 3D printed temple
- Will bolster India-Nepal ties manifold: PM Narendra Modi
- BRS no to Oppn alliance
- Centre’s decennial gift to Telangana, AP
- Congress to attend Opposition meet on June 12
- Transport dept inflow to be dented by more than half
- Govt has its task cut out-an arduous one, indeed!
- After delay, Vande Bharat to connect Bengaluru, Dharwad
Virender, Aditi win CBL titles
The three-day first-of-its-kind national level Corporate Badminton League (CBL)-2013 ended in a blaze of glory for Virender Moudgil of Infosys and Aditi Reddy from Cognizant when they walked into the championship history as the first men and women singles winners.
Hyderabad: The three-day first-of-its-kind national level Corporate Badminton League (CBL)-2013 ended in a blaze of glory for Virender Moudgil of Infosys and Aditi Reddy from Cognizant when they walked into the championship history as the first men and women singles winners.
The event, a joint endeavour by Tech Mahindra and Pullela Gopichand Badminton Academy (PGBA) and Sikhara Events, was conducted at PGDA in Gachibowli. In the closely fought title clash, Moudgil rallied from a first game loss to eventually finish off his opponent, Anuvesh Velugu, representing Invesco, 15-21, 21-14 and 21-11.
However, Aditi Reddy had no such problems as she put it across Tejaswini (Manage IT) 25-23, 21-14 to clinch the women title. Jayant and Mohan Subbarayan from Yinsol IT combined well to down their TCS/Accenture opponents, Pramod Abraham/Praveen Rajabalan 21-13, 19-21, 21-17 to win the men doubles title. Meanwhile, Tejaswini had some consolation when partnering her colleague Subba Lakshmi she settled scores with Aditi Reddy. They whipped Aditi and Jyostna C 21-13, 21-12 to annex the women doubles crown. The winners were richer by Rs 30, 000 while the runners up took home Rs 15, 000 apiece.
Pullela Gopichand, BK Mishra, Location Council Head, Tech Mahindra and Rajendra Tunuguntla, Vice-President of Tech Mahindra jointly distributed the prizes.