- India to host SCO summit on July 4, to be chaired by Modi
- Hyderabad: 6 held in Hyderabad for exhibiting exotic animals at pub
- APFSL to start 'First Day First Show' concept to watch movies on release day
- Karnataka government hikes DA for employees
- Hyderabad: Massive fire breaks out from timber depot at LB Nagar
- APSEZ Achieves Top Results for FY 2023, Anticipates Strong Growth Ahead - Karan Adani
- Eatala will also join Congress to defeat CM KCR: Jupally Krishna Rao
- KTR wonders why PM & HM are not bothered about wrestlers’ plight
- Telangana Congress slams Modi government’s 9 year long rule
- Khaap leaders take medals away from wrestlers, agitation to continue
Sabatini lost matches to avoid media?
Tennis Star Gabriela Sabatini Lost Matches To Avoid Media?, Retired Argentine Tennis Star Sabatini. Gabriela Sabatini has said that she had lost matches on purpose in her youth to avoid reporters. According to Sport24, Sabatini, now 43, revealed that her shyness was a major problem.
JOHANNESBURG: Retired Argentine tennis star Gabriela Sabatini has said that she had lost matches on purpose in her youth to avoid reporters. According to Sport24, Sabatini, now 43, revealed that her shyness was a major problem.
She said that when she was younger and thought she had to talk after winning a tournament, she often lost in the semifinals to avoid it and it was that bad.
Sabatini added that she got very nervous at that point but at the same time she was very competitive and got frustrated when she did not win, adding that she gave up on the match after losing the first set when she was little because she was so angry and could not bear having lost the first set.
The winner of the 1990 US Open was widely regarded as one of the most talented and charismatic players of the 1980s and 1990s, the report said. Although she was never world number one, she twice came close to the top spot sport and she kept up a solid rivalry with Steffi Graf, the report added.
Sabatini, who retired in 1996, lives in her native Buenos Aires, although she often travels to Europe and the United States for business, including her line of perfumes, according to the report.