- All efforts on to nab Arikomban, says TN CM Stalin
- Vijayan’s eagerness for K-Rail is to pocket commission: Cong
- Eye on LS polls : AIADMK survey to shortlist candidates
- Ambitious project to make Kerala capital largest solar city in India
- Bengaluru: 14-yr-old Kriti Jain’s organs breathes new life into 9 people
- Karnataka High Court stays FIR against Ashwath Narayan
- No conditions set for women’s free travel in govt buses, says Minister Ramalinga Reddy
- Textbook revision ahead to ensure students’ minds are not ‘polluted’
- Karnataka Govt enhances DA for its employees from 31% to 35%
- Mandarthi Yakshagana season 2022-23 ends on a high note
Sania breaks into doubles top ten
Sania Breaks into Doubles Top Ten, Indian Tennis Ace Sania Mirza, World women's doubles. Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza has broken back into the top 10 of the world women's doubles by gaining two spots to ninth place in the latest WTA Team Rankings issued on Monday.
Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza has broken back into the top 10 of the world women's doubles by gaining two spots to ninth place in the latest WTA Team Rankings issued on Monday.
Sania jumped from 11th spot despite not playing any event this week. The 26-year-old moved up as a result of other players dropping points.
Sania had won back-to-back titles as she lifted the China Open trophy earlier this month, followed by another triumph in Pan Pacific Open in Tokyo.
Her partner Cara Black of Zimbabwe too gained a position to be at number 13.
Italians Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci hold on to the joint number one ranking, while Su-Wei Hseih climbed two spots to number four and Katrina Srebotnik moved one spot higher to number three.